Friday, September 08, 2006

Lunatia on a Friday Afternoon

So I'm loving the blog, but these are turning into long essays that demand a lot of me and anyone reading them. I'm aiming for a post per day, but at this volume it's a lot slower. Every single time, I think I'm going to be pithy and just post a single link and few short quips. And then my ideas expand until I just have too much to say. Some of this stuff is emotionally intense, and I'm trying not to be superficial and go into depth when I want. But it's a big learning process. I have spent an hour or two writing each "essay," and many more hours editing. Then the html slows me down, even those simple little linky-thingies. And there are still tons of typos, I start too many sentences with "maybe," and ask too many rhetorical questions. I'm really trying to let it go, keep moving on, and get better with time.

I really do welcome comments, ideas and discussion. I might experiment with shorter formats, blurbs, posting links, giving myself a paragraph or time limit. In the next few days I'm going to try and write about:

Categories Suck: (I don't care if I'm a "Good mom.")
Love Means Never Having to Say You're Happy
Ten Things I Hate About Scientology
Ethiopean Independence Day
What else?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Who?